Transforming public schools into Community Schools throughout Latin America.
A Community School is a public school that shares a commitment with Glasswing, other partners, and its surrounding community, to provide its students with a safer, more supportive, and stimulating environment in which to learn and belong. Together, we provide students with educational, recreational, and enriching opportunities to ensure that they have the support network and educational opportunities they need to thrive.
Safe, Healthy, and Stimulating Environment
• Infrastructure improvements and equipment donations that enable students to attend classes in better conditions.
• Access to computers and libraries provide a more engaging learning environment for both students and teachers.
• Our presence creates a secure and safe space for children and youth, helping them develop healthy relationships with their families and peers, and increasing their self-
Our programs are comprised of a variety of offerings focused on supporting school curriculums, that include: Computer, Debate, Discovery (Science), English, Glee, Leadership, and more.
Life Skills Development
Youth build skills proven to be important for long-term success, such as leadership, restorative practices, cognitive development, conflict-resolution, problem-solving, and job readiness.
• Energized and positive teachers. Teachers receive trainings and workshops focused on how to approach teaching and how to empower students.
• Engaged and supportive parents. School coordinators organize group meetings to spark dialogue amongst parents where they discuss positive changes in their children and learn to value education.
• Competitive and more ambitious students. Youth have the opportunity to represent their schools in various regional and national competitions and learn to work towards goals.
• Hundreds of dedicated community volunteers. Parents, teachers, company employees, and individuals are trained and equipped to contribute to students’ personal and professional growth, serving as positive role models.
Transform public schools, empower communities, and change the lives of children
- Students are 3x less likely to drop out.
- 92% of children and youth reported improvement in their relationships with peers and family.
- 85% of students report improvement in their grades.
- None of the girls enrolled in our Girls Club became pregnant in 2015.
- 98,000 volunteers mobilized.